Science Fair Ideas - Earth & Space
/ Projects (Intermediate to Senior entries)
- Are snowflakes all the same?
- Why is the sky a different colour at different
times of the day?
- Study and record how clouds relate to weather
- Build a
simple data logger for science and maths classes.
sensors for your science experiments.
- Does wind travel at same speeds and in same
directions at different heights?
- Measure the speed and force of raindrops when it rains
a Casio graphics calculator to a simple data logger for science
and maths classes.
- Which factors affect the rate of evaporation the
most? Temperature, humidity, wind speed or other factors?
- Does fresh water hold heat from the Sun longer than
- How does water temperature compare to land
temperature at different times of the day?
a digital multimeter into a data logger...use weather sensors,
UV sensors, humidity, etc.
- What affect do different surfaces have on the amount
of sunlight reflected and absorbed?
- Design a method of measuring how much sunshine is
available each day. Perhaps a good PICAXE project?
- Design and build an automatic recording weather
device. Test it over a period of time. Perhaps a good PICAXE project?
- Design and build a refracting or reflecting
telescope. See our Sun
- Build a model solar system
with levitating planets
Lander game - Johnny Astro remake uses nothing but air to steer
a spaceship to safety
- Collect fossils and identify them. Work out the
recent geological history of your area.
- Observations of experimentally induced seismic
- Is there a relationship between the Lunar cycle and
- Explore methods of controlling erosion
conservation pilot project
- Observations of local anomalies in the earth's
- A study of phosphorescence as a tool for
a colony of simple robots to see if a colony of swarm robots
can explore terrain better than one large 'rover' robot
- Comparison of the load bearing strength for
- Study of air tides: phases of the moon versus
- Effects of weather on human emotions
- Study of the relation between wind direction and
- A study of small scale wind currents around school
buildings (where does the litter build up?)
a rocket with sensors to gather data from high altitudes.